Friday, November 16, 2007

Cindy's Party with a Purpose - Why I do this

Friends -
This is my 6th year to throw the holiday bash. It all started with simple desire to get my girlfriends together at least once during the holidays.

The first one was so much fun everyone asked me to throw it again. When I threw #2 I decided all of us fabulous females could do more than drink, eat and revel.

And you all rose to the challenge! We've been collecting piles of stuff for SafeHouse ever since.

I chose SafeHouse because of my own past. I was fortunate never to be physically abused but the mental abuse took it's own devastating toll. And I came through it with my loving and supportive family. I was VERY lucky.

These women in the shelter do not have that kind of support. So, bring your checkbooks and cash to buy lots of raffle tickets, and bring piles of stuff from the list!!

Much love-
Cindy

No comments: